Who We Are
Detroit-based Amber Engine, part of the Quicken Loans Family of Companies, was founded by a team of home-furnishing industry innovators, technologists and business experts. Our mission is to provide the most complete, accurate and timely record of product data for the home furnishings industry.
What You'll Do/Need
Amber Engine is looking for a collaborative User Experience Researcher with a passion for uncovering the needs of users and building amazing experiences. With exceptional people skills and a high degree of empathy for users, you’ll develop and research initiatives that support the Product, Design, and Marketing teams.
As a UX Researcher at Amber Engine, you will be responsible for executing research projects from start to finish including designing, conducting, analyzing and reporting on user-centered research for the company’s B2B products.
- Develop test plans and conduct research using whichever method(s) are the most effective
- Own the facilitation and moderation of tests
- Design, conduct and analyze user-facing surveys
- Build personas and scenarios
- Identify and document best practices
- Document and communicate insights and recommendations clearly and actionably
- Proactively identify areas for future research
- Advocate for the user confidently
- Collaborate with designers and developers to conduct user testing and ensure implemented designs meet user needs
- Be a key resource for research-based usability knowledge
- A minimum of 1-2 years of on-the-job experience
- Experience with a variety of research methods: ethnographic studies, usability testing, interviews, surveys, log analysis, contextual inquiry and knowledge of when to use them
- Experience with usability recruiting, screening and moderating
- Ability to communicate complex problems and recommendations to a diverse audience
- High level of empathy for users
- The ability to work with minimal supervision on multiple concurrent projects
What'll Make You Special
- Familiar with running studies in an agile startup environment, ideally within a product development organization
What You'll Get!
- Excellent benefits package that includes a 401(k) match, medical/dental/vision, and much more.
- Opportunities to participate in professional and personal development programs, including leadership training and ongoing personal growth training.
Why We're Different
Amber Engine is a team of individuals that live and breathe four core values: growth, integrity, teamwork and commitment. As our fast-paced start-up drives toward innovation, we stay focused on collaborating, honing our skills and having fun while we're at it.
We’re looking for team members who take ownership, are self-motivated and want to be a part of the team working to solve a key challenge for home furnishings retailers and manufacturers. If that’s you, we want to know!
Amber Engine is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested in this Position?
Submit your application by filling out the information below and attaching your documents. We’ll be in touch shortly.