Full Stack Web Developer
Who We Are
Detroit-based Amber Engine, part of the Quicken Loans Family of Companies, was founded by a team of home-furnishing industry innovators, technologists and business experts. Our mission is to provide the most complete, accurate and timely record of product data for the home furnishings industry.
What You'll Do/Need
A Full Stack Developer works on a project-by-project basis with other engineers, mobile developers and UX team members to create an intuitive experience for our platform. This includes creating, extending and improving the internal web service framework, building solutions and maintaining existing applications.
- Stay up-to-date with any system changes including database schema, web pages and business logic
- Implement user-friendly interfaces using ReactJS, HTML, Python and Go
- Adhere to any coding and design standards, including code reviews
- Read, understand and provide weekly estimates during weekly sprints
- Create unit tests to validate the integrity of all business objects
- Collaborate directly with Business Analysts to understand the need for system changes and clarify the business requirements
- Ability to work in a Pair Programming environment
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to understand tasks quickly and adapt to an ever-changing environment
- Ability to explain complex technical terms to non-technical users
- Ability to translate non-technical business requirements into a technical web-based solution
- Capacity to oversee a multitude of tasks to ensure project deadlines are met
What'll Make You Special
- Experience designing and building complex UI applications
- Confidence in both designing and consuming JSON services and APIs
- Some exposure to Docker
- Deep understanding of Go
- Deep understanding of ReactJS
- Deep understanding of Python
What You'll Get!
- Excellent benefits package that includes a 401(k) match, medical/dental/vision, and much more.
- Opportunities to participate in professional and personal development programs, including leadership training and ongoing personal growth training.
Why We're Different
Amber Engine is a team of individuals that live and breathe four core values: growth, integrity, teamwork and commitment. As our fast-paced start-up drives toward innovation, we stay focused on collaborating, honing our skills and having fun while we're at it.
We’re looking for team members who take ownership, are self-motivated and want to be a part of the team working to solve a key challenge for home furnishings retailers and manufacturers. If that’s you, we want to know!
Amber Engine is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested in this Position?
Submit your application by filling out the information below and attaching your documents. We’ll be in touch shortly.